Every dog must be licensed. Some municipalities require cats to be licensed as well (please check with your municipal bylaws).
When purchasing a dog license, proof of rabies and distemper shots must be provided, as well as proof the animal is spayed or neutered (if applicable). If your dog is lost, a dog license could become your pet’s ticket home.
Saint John dog licenses are valid from January 1 to December 31 and must be renewed annually.
Spayed/Neutered Dog: $10
Where To Purchase Licenses
• City of Saint John Building Inspection, 10th Floor 658-2911
• City of Saint John City Hall – 15 Market Square 649-6000
• Fundy Animal Hospital– 3 McLean St 634-8680
• Kannon Animal Hospital – 549 Millidge Ave 633-0088
• Pet Corral – 1057 Fairvale Blvd 672-7387
• SPCA Animal Rescue 642-0920 ext. 1
Rural NB Dog Tags can be purchased by contacting the New Brunswick SPCA 506-458-8208. One year, $15. Two years, $25. Three years, $35.