Registering your pet in this program will give you peace of mind knowing that if something happens to you we will ensure your pet finds a loving home where it will be safe and happy.
The registration fee for the program is $100 for the first pet and $50 for each additional pet.
- You will receive a Pet Survivor Care Card to keep in your wallet or purse. It will let someone know you’ve registered your pets and that you’d like them to go to the Saint John SPCA Animal Rescue.
- The Saint John SPCA Animal Rescue will take in and shelter your pet immediately so they are not left unattended
- We will screen potential adopters and make a placement that is best suited to your pet based on the information you provide
- We will confirm and update your information annually
Easy Steps to Register You and Your Pet
- Fill out the following Pet Owner’s Registration Form as well as a Pet Registration Form for each pet.
- If you have a will, leave your pet (s) to the Saint John SPCA Animal Rescue. That way, there is no confusion as to your wishes. The wording to include in your will is as follows:
I bequeath any pets that I may own at the date of my death to the Saint John SPCA Animal Rescue. I direct my Executor to deliver my pets to the Saint John SPCA Animal Rescue.
- Tell your Executor that you have a pet(s) registered in the Pet Survivor Care Program. We suggest you also notify your veterinarian.
- Make sure your Executor knows that he/she must bring your pet(s) to the Saint John SPCA Animal Rescue.
Please keep us informed of any changes by calling the Saint John SPCA Animal Rescue at 642-0920.