Lost & Found
Have you lost your pet?
Losing a pet can be traumatic for the whole family. Don't wait to take action, start looking for your pet right away. Call us at 642-0920 and submit a Lost Pet Report. This report has all of the pertinent information to help assist us in identifying your lost pet. (Submitting a lost report is not a substitute for visiting the shelter to look for your animal)
Here is a Step by Step Checklist that will help bring your pet home safely ... and help him from getting lost again.
- Look around your neighbourhood right away, check with neighbours, the mail carrier and children playing in the area. Ask for home owners to check garages, under decks, around sheds and greenhouses etc.
- Visit your local shelter right away and continue to do so every other day. We cannot always guarantee that we will recognize your pet, so you will identify your pet the quickest.
- Call all vet clinics in your area, and check if your animal has been brought in injured or sick.
- Check internet Lost and Found Sites such as PetLynx. Found pets are often listed on sites such as Kijiji so be sure to check them often.
- Place an ad in the "Lost and Found" section of your local newspaper.
- Put up posters in your neighbourhood and deliver flyers door to door with a description of your pet.
- Contact other animal rescue organizations in the area.
Prevention is KEY! Reduce the likelihood of your pet becoming lost. Make sure your pet wears a collar, and an identification tag even if your pet lives indoors. Collars and Identification tags can be lost so the easiest way to make sure that your pet can be identified quickly and easily is with microchipping. Microchipping can provide permanent identification that cannot fall off, be removed, or become impossible to read. Contact your local vet clinics for this valuable lifesaving tool.