Interested in Volunteering?
Saint John SPCA Animal Rescue volunteers help us to improve the welfare and adoptability of our shelter animals, assist in fundraising/special events, as well as engage and educate the community.
We share the belief in this quote from Anatole France: “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened”.
Acceptance into the Program
The volunteer application will help the SPCA Animal Rescue determine the suitability of a candidate to perform work on behalf of the shelter. Our goal is to ensure that the partnership between the shelter and the volunteer will be of benefit to both.
Volunteers who are accepted into the Program will be contacted within 30 days after a completed application is received.
- Be 19 years of age or older
- Provide two professional references
- Participate in a short phone interview
Placement into the Program
Volunteer placement is based on specific shelter needs considering the volunteer’s interest, skills and experience.
- Provide a current Police Record Check (at their own expense, should fees exist);
- Complete the SPCA Animal Rescue Orientation;
- Complete training sessions with an experienced volunteer, and
- Agree to the minimum time commitment for the volunteer position
If interested in becoming a volunteer, please contact the shelter at 642-0920 ext. 3 or email us at email@example.com
You can also pick up an application at the shelter during Office Hours from Wednesday to Saturday from 12:00 – 4:30.
Volunteer applications are now being accepted.